INDIVIDUALIZED LIVE-FIRE TRAINING.
Gain a solid basis in safe gun handling and marksmanship from a
certified police and NRA firearms instructor. Click here for Steve's qualifications:Instructor. Available for private live-fire
coaching for all levels of skill and weapons systems. Everything from marksmanship and gun
handling fundamentals to high speed/low drag advanced tactical skills.
Learn to fight with your handgun, rifle or shotgun. All live-fire training is conducted in a
safe, professional environment. Small groups - $65 per hour per person. Two hour minimum. (Some courses have a greater minimums.)
FUNDAMENTALS COURSE. Never shot a handgun? Great! That means you won't have any bad habits to overcome when you're introduced to the same combat shooting building blocks taughtby the Police Academy in this two hour class. Your confidence will grow as you learn the five
fundamentals of marksmanship, and two secrets which will improve your
accuracy immediately. 50 rounds. $65 per hour. Two hour minimum. Rental guns and ammo are available on a "first-come, first-served" basis at an additional charge. Get your Oregon Concealed Handgun License training certificate for $35 extra.
Have you shot guns before, but never had any
formal training? Consider the next level…
FROM FUNDAMENTALS TO FIGHTING SKILLS - TRANSITION COURSE. Take your pick of a two-hour class or a three-hour class. The first two hours start with the Fundamentals Course techniques of gun handling and marksmanship - good for all levels of experience. 50 rounds. The third hour (optional purchase, but must include the first two) transitions from fundamentals into basic tactical fighting skills. You won't leave the third hour as a gunfighter unless you were one when you came, but you'll learn invaluable basic gunfighting survival skills. 150 rounds more. $65 per hour. Get your Oregon Concealed Handgun License training certificate for $35 extra.
What if you took the two hour Live-Fire Fundamentals class some time ago, but don't want to repeat it? Now you want to go straight to handgun fighting skills - no problem. We'll run you through the first two hours at no charge to make sure that you're safe and still remember the fundamentals, then train you in basic tactical fighting skills in the third hour. $65, 200 rounds.
FUNDAMENTALS TO FIGHTING SKILLS PLUS. Step it up with two hours of intermediate tactical fighting skills. You will train in the techniques of the four-point presentation from the holster, combat and tactical reloads, use of cover, close quarter shooting, shooting and moving, clearing malfunctions, and after-action responses. When you master these skills, you will be able to defend yourself and those you love with your handgun. 200 rounds. 2 hours, $65 per hour.
CONCEALED CARRY FOR SELF-DEFENSE. Four hours. All
training at this level is focused on fighting with your handgun. You
will learn safe and effective techniques of concealed carry, the
four-point presentation from the holster, combat and tactical reloads,
use of cover, close quarter shooting, shooting and moving, clearing
malfunctions, and after-action responses. When you master these skills,
you will be able to defend yourself and those you love with your
handgun. $65 per hour, 300 rounds for the four hour minimum. However, knowing how to shoot doesn't mean that you know whether to shoot. Click on "What Do I Do…?" to round out your tactical skills.
WOMENS' LIVE-FIRE. This women-only three-hour class is composed of one hour in a gun store trying on guns for fit and function, and two hours on the range learning live-fire fundamentals. $65 per hour, 50 rounds for the three hour class. Rental guns and ammo are available on a "first-come, first-served" basis at an additional charge. Get your Oregon Concealed Handgun License training certificate for $35 extra.
LOW LIGHT/NIGHT FIRE. The majority of deadly confrontations occur in reduced light or darkness. This intermediate level course is a condensed version of what recruits are taught at the Oregon Police Academy, plus additional content, all taught by a Certified Low-Light Instructor who has actually fought in the dark. Take this opportunity to try out your night sights, gun-mounted lights, laser sights, and whatever other gear that you've been meaning to field-test. This is a popular class, so sign up early! Four hours. $65 per hour, 300 rounds.
ADVANCED TACTICAL HANDGUN SKILLS. This course is for shooters who are confident in their gun handling and marksmanship skills. You don't have to be perfect, but you must be safe. Our class will be on a hot range (loaded and holstered). You will need your handgun, a backup if you have one, and a tactical flashlight. We will move, shoot and communicate. $65 per hour, 300 rounds for the three hour minimum.
WHAT OUR LIVE-FIRE GRADUATES SAY:
- "The 'two secrets' in the Fundamentals Course had me getting consistent hits in ultra-tight groups - I'll definitely be back to train at the next level."
- "I was really nervous when I came to the range - I hadn't shot a gun in 20 years - but Steve's building blocks approach and individual help reassured me and gave me confidence."
- "Met Steve for the first time this weekend. I would have absolutely no qualms about placing my life in his hands…a very professional, honest and forthright man."
"Thank you for the great live-fire training! I really learned a lot
and appreciated your patience with me." - from a Grandma
- "I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Steve to anyone interested in improving their firearms skills and education…"
- "I've been a life-long shooter, but in two short hours, Steve had me doing better than I've ever done before!"
- "Steve's one-on-one personal instruction and guidance was exceptional. This was an excellent experience. Knowledgeable, courteous, and safety-conscious."
- "Just wanted to let you know Dad and I had a blast!"
- "I've been shooting for years. Your trigger reset 'secret' improved my accuracy 100%. Nobody ever showed me that before!"
- "It was fun and safe."
- "It was so much more than I imagined, not just the physical aspects…but an intense mental focus and awareness of self, surroundings and persons such as I have never experienced before."
- "These classes helped me to update, adjust and confirm my past training (military / law enforcement experience)."
- "Thanks for the great low-light/night fire course. I have never used one-handed handgun flashlight techniques in a live fire setting before, so that was really a treat."
- 'The shoot/don't shoot exercises with photo targets were awesome!"
- "I learned more about sights than I had known my entire life."
Some classes utilize photo targets and dynamic decision-making shoot / no shoot scenarios. We
won't be doing tactical scenarios in Fundamentals-level courses, but
expect to be shooting from cover or navigating through structures at
intermediate levels and above. You can request a special tactical
scenario class at any mutually convenient time. Just round up a small group of friends, family or business associates, and call or e-mail (links at top of page) to set a time.
NAME YOUR OWN TIME.You
don't have to wait weeks for a scheduled class. Firearms Instructor is
on call, whenever and wherever it's
mutually convenient. You can have your own live-fire class as early as
tomorrow. Just round up a small group of friends, family or business associates, and call or e-mail (links at top of page) to set a time. We'll send you an e-invoice for your deposit, which you can pay on line to register. Directions, instructions and an equipment list will be e-mailed to you after you register. …OR JOIN A SCHEDULED COURSE.Click on the Calendar to see if there is a scheduled session available.
Content copyright . FIREARMSINSTRUCTOR.US. All rights reserved.