Firearms Instructor On Call, Will Come To You - Why Wait?
503-585-5000 / E-mail: FirearmsInstructor1@gmail.com
Click on these links for more information:
INDIVIDUALIZED LIVE-FIRE TRAINING.
Gain a solid basis in safe gun handling and marksmanship from a
certified police firearms instructor. Click here for his qualifications: Instructor. Available for private live-fire
coaching for all levels of skill. Everything from marksmanship and gun
handling fundamentals to high speed/low drag advanced tactical skills.
Learn to fight with your gun. All live-fire training is conducted in a
safe, professional environment. Individuals or small groups - $65/hr.
individuals, $50/hr. each for groups of five or more. Minimum two hours.
FUNDAMENTALS COURSE. Never shot a handgun? Great! That means you won't have any bad habits to overcome when you're introduced to the same combat shooting building blocks taught
at the Police Academy. Your confidence will grow as you learn the five
fundamentals of marksmanship, and two secrets which will improve your
accuracy immediately. Have you shot handguns before, but never had any
formal training? Consider blending this course with some of the skills
taught at the next level…
CONCEALED CARRY FOR SELF-DEFENSE. All
training at this level is focused on fighting with your handgun. You
will learn safe and effective techniques of concealed carry, the
four-point presentation from the holster, combat and tactical reloads,
use of cover, close quarter shooting, shooting and moving, clearing
malfunctions, and after-action responses. When you master these skills,
you will be able to defend yourself and those you love with your
handgun. However, knowing how to shoot doesn't mean that you know when to shoot. Click on "What Do I Do…?" to round out your tactical skills.
FROM FUNDAMENTALS TO FIGHTING SKILLS - TRANSITION COURSE. Take your pick of a two-hour class or a three-hour class. The first two hours start with the Fundamentals Course techniques of gun handling and marksmanship - good for all levels of experience. The third hour (optional purchase, but must include the first two) transitions from fundamentals into basic tactical fighting skills. Two hour minimum at $65 per hour. Get your Oregon Concealed Handgun License training certificate for $35 extra.
LOW LIGHT/NIGHT FIRE. The majority of deadly confrontations occur in reduced light or darkness. This intermediate level course is a condensed version of what recruits are taught in two four-hour range sessions at the Oregon Police Academy. Take this opportunity to try out your night sights, gun-mounted lights, laser sights, and whatever other gear that you've been meaning to field-test. Scheduled classes only. Four hours, $200.
WHAT OUR LIVE-FIRE GRADUATES SAY:
- "Thank you for the great live-fire training! I really learned a lot and appreciated your patience with me." - from a Grandma
- "The 'two secrets' in the Fundamentals Course had me getting consistent hits in ultra-tight groups - I'll definitely be back to train at the next level."
- "I was really nervous when I came to the range - I hadn't shot a gun in 20 years - but Steve's building blocks approach and individual help reassured me and gave me confidence."
- "Met Steve for the first time this weekend. I would have absolutely no qualms about placing my life in his hands…a very professional, honest and forthright man."
- "I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Steve to anyone interested in improving their firearms skills and education…"
- "I've been a life-long shooter, but in two short hours, Steve had me doing better than I've ever done before!"
- "Steve's one-on-one personal instruction and guidance was exceptional. This was an excellent experience. Knowledgeable, courteous, and safety-conscious."
- "Just wanted to let you know Dad and I had a blast!"
- "I've been shooting for years. Your trigger reset 'secret' improved my accuracy 100%. Nobody ever showed me that before!"
- "It was fun and safe."
- "It was so much more than I imagined, not just the physical aspects…but an intense mental focus and awareness of self, surroundings and persons such as I have never experienced before."
- "These classes helped me to update, adjust and confirm my past training (military / law enforcement experience)."
- "Thanks for the great low-light/night fire course. I have never used one-handed handgun flashlight techniques in a live fire setting before, so that was really a treat."
NAME YOUR OWN TIME. You
don't have to wait weeks for a scheduled class. Firearms Instructor is
on call, whenever it's
mutually convenient. You can have your own private, live-fire tutorial as early as
tomorrow, or you can round up some friends and get a discounted rate.
Just call or e-mail (links at top of page) to set a time. Directions, instructions and an equipment list will be e-mailed to you after you register.
…OR JOIN A SCHEDULED COURSE. Some live-fire training sessions aren't private. Click on the Calendar to see if there is a scheduled session available.