- Juris Doctor, Willamette University College of Law
- Master of Arts in Teaching, LaVerne College
- Bachelor of Arts, Lewis and Clark College
- "Steve is a serious firearms instructor (and attorney)
with a long list of experience to back it up. I’ve taken multiple
courses (classroom and live-fire) from him and wouldn’t hesitate to
recommend him to anyone interested in improving their firearms skills
and education, especially about carrying concealed and the implications,
concerns, and ramifications of doing so."
- "Steve's been in combat, both in war and in the courtroom. Listen to him!"
- "Met Steve for the first time this weekend. I would have absolutely no qualms about placing my life in his hands…a very professional, honest and forthright man."
- "Steve is a highly professional instructor, and HE DOESN'T PULL ANY PUNCHES!"
- From a graduate to his friend: "…this is the instructor I was talking about. Feel free to reach out to him regarding any questions you have…You will find him a lot more understanding, friendly and useful than the other guy you spoke with today. By the way, his follow on course ['What Do I Do…?'] is awesome as well if you get a chance to take it. Really helps you make some great home self defense choices and decisions."
- "Steve is a helpful, skilled, polite, educated, ethical, excellent teacher, warm and humorous."
- "My husband and I enjoyed your class…we like your no-nonsense approach to teaching!"
- "…got the best info possible from someone who has lived it."